Sunday, July 12, 2009

A week of two months

And I am starting my second week in France.
I feel like if I have lived for long years during these 10days.
Living in the mountain is really hard, especially for someone who has always been in the city centre in which everything is available, cheap, and satisfying.

I am meeting new people daily; tourists here stay for one or two weeks and then leave. There for, we are always in touch with new groups coming with their families, husbands, wives, and kids to spend some time in the south of France that is quit unknown for them.

The presence of my three Algerian colleagues didn’t help me to feel better. I guess it is due to the fact that we don’t know each other that much.

Most of the time, I feel that I am not concentrated in the main objective of the experience which is discovering a new culture, new way of living, and new mentalities.
Whenever I am alone, I think of the few friends that I left in Algeria. I think of my mother who is alone without me over there.
I think of my life, the normal, simple, easy, funny, happy, and full life that I was having on my land.
Many people here think that people coming from the third world, just like me, aren’t used to work in such conditions. They think that we live in caves, and don’t have any meaning of technology and knowledge.
Most of the time they are wrong, and I can hardly tolerate their judgment.
I have always been, even before going out of Algeria, a kind of person who can’t trust easily. Here, I am keeping my distance with everyone because my first days here weren’t the big joy.

The girl sharing me the room will be leaving this Sunday. In all cases, I shouldn’t be sad because I work daily from 8:30 till 14:30 and then from 18:00 till 22:00. It gives me little time to do another activity and then to finish my homework or prepare my clothes and then go to bed.

I deeply hope to get the force to survive for two months here, far from all what I am used to do and all who I am used to see.
For all people I left in Algeria I would like to say that I miss you and miss all what we used to plan together for weekends, for classes, for fun, for cooking and for many other things.
For sure, I think of all of you in each second and our meeting in the beginning of September is a moment that I am waiting for.

No comments: